Our mission is to create a group based at St. Paul Peel Parish Community Hall using the medium of drama to encourage and foster the creative and personal development of a wide age range of people from Little Hulton.
Using our skills and those of a selection of Theatre professionals and Drama teachers we aim to offer
- A weekly meeting that will explore all facets of drama to provide enjoyment, an outlet of self-expression and the opportunity to develop imagination and artistic awareness.
- The chance to take part in productions to showcase developing skills, these will include scripted works and improvised pieces devised by the group to reflect our community and the individuals place within that community.
- Courses aimed at developing individuals to be the best that they can be. They will provide an environment where people can begin to dream again, where they can develop aspirations and hopes for the future. A place of safety where they won’t be ridiculed for becoming the best version of themselves or for dreaming big!
- Opportunities for members to explore the technical aspects of theatre, to learn about sound and lighting, makeup, properties and costume design and creation.
Drama offers everyone, but particularly young people, the chance to increase their
- Social and mental awareness
- Fluency of speech
These attributes can help a community to regain its identity and vibrancy and we want to be at the forefront of that regeneration and to help in any small way that we can. We believe individuals can embrace Social Diversity once they have confidence in their own uniqueness and feel that as their community changes they can contribute to that change and not be ostracised by it.